Skip to main content

Fashion Styles: Blouse

If you have been following me on this blog, you’d probably know that I’m such a girly girl. I just love being a girl. Seriously, what’s not to love? We have the best in fashion. Fashion is dedicated to us, women! From hair bands and clips to shoes and stockings, and everything in between.

I had many fashion phases growing up. The “Clueless” inspired fashion; checkered pants, preppy blouses and small furry backpacks, short dresses with platforms ala Baby Spice and so much more. But, as I grow older, I stuck to a classic and simple style. My husband loves it when I’m dressed in a simple skinny jeans/pants and blouse. And that has been my staple since I got married. I admit – I would love to be more adventurous in my styles (like in my younger days) but I don’t think my husband can tolerate that. Lol.

Over the years of experimenting, I have learned what’s good on me and what’s not, what I like and what I dislike. I prefer blouses; smart casual mostly to cotton tshirts. After turning 30 (gasp!) I have started accumulating silk blouses, in both patterned and plain. I love the flow of the material and I think it makes me look more like my age.

Blouses are one of the most versatile fashion items. You can style it for a smart casual look, sophisticated look and casual “going-out-for-errands” look.

I usually style mine in the first category. Black and white polka dot silk blouse with a white skinny jeans just exude chic smart casual look. Obviously, this is all in my head since white skinny jeans and my thunder thighs are not really good friends at the moment. -___-  What I do wear is; navy blue stripes silk blouse with a skinny jeans in dark blue rinse. They’re more forgiving on my body. Haha.


The second look is sophisticated, which is something that I cannot quite pull off. My line of work involves meeting with corporate and bankers. The women are always dressed so sophisticatedly; high waist pencil skirt with a nice crisp white blouse accessorize with chunky gold jewelry. And they just look so good. I wish I can pull that off, but I can’t. So I wear my trusty kurung modern to work.


The last look is casual. Simple and easy. Pair a loose cotton blouse with leggings and off you go. Buying groceries, taking the dry cleaning – all done while still looking not too shabby. Sometimes, I wear this at home, when I feel like dressing up a bit.



I get my blouses everywhere. Zalora is one of them. It is so easy to buy online and get it send to you. At work, of course, so your husband won’t know how chronic the state of your online buying is. Hee. The only difficult thing with buying at Zalora is choosing. They have so many ranges and styles and choices! I say the more choices the better, so bring it on!

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Mr. Syomir!

That's Syomir Izwa I'm hello-ing at ;) Went to see him today for my baju nikah. I have to say, out of all (macam banyak, padahal 3 je! :p) designers that I have met so far, Syomir is the coolest hands down! He's so down-to-earth, very nice and easy to talk to, and just...COOL! Oh, he's not bad looking too, so that's a plus *wink* So he sketched me the designs for my baju nikah. And I love love it! I love the sketch for this baju more than the sketch for my baju reception. Aih, I have the sketch in my head but I seriously do not know how to translate those into words. So, let's all be patient and wait for the revelation (eceh :p) on my nikah day ok! Syomir will email me the quotation later, so hold your emails on the pricing yea? I'll update when he does and then you brides-to be can email away ;) In the meantime, let your eyes feast on some of Syomir's works. *Fall in ♥ now!* I love this one! It just screams GORGEOUSNESS! In love yet? ;) Just look at t

Majlis Pertunangan Ad & Syah 12/12/2009

Yes, I owe this entry! So here goes, it's a long one, dont say I didnt warn you! Decorations We DIY-ed everything, but then again, it wasnt anything major pun. Just had to gubah the bouquets of flowers; we had one by my cleopatra chair where my sarung cincin was done and another just to create the right ambiance (eceh :p) Check out the bouquet, done mostly by Mom and Aunt. Sorry thats the best picture I can find. Nanti bila official photographer dah kasi gambar I'll upload again ok? We cleared out everything from the house, except for that little black and white cleopatra chair. Dimana saya telah disarungkan cincin oleh bakal Aunty-in-law. My fiance's parents did not come because according to the Adat (mungkin adat orang Johor sahaja ye), only the wakil of the parents will come to the Upacara Pertunangan. Next... Hantaran We also DIY-ed the hantarans. Dulang hantaran disewa dengan Merisik Gallery . I took the white crystal dulangs, very chic. Hehe, sesuai la dengan my eng