Skip to main content

Me'nate Steakhouse, Ampang

So I did some living life tonight. Haha.

Went to Me'nate Steakhouse in Ampang tonight. It's located at Jalan Kolam Air Lama Satu, on a row of shophouses next to 7-Eleven, if I remember correctly.

This is my first time here. I heard about this place from my foodie uncles. They went here a couple of weeks ago, and whatsapp-ed me photos of what they were having. -____- The steak looked so so good. And since then, I've been wanting to try some. And since my mum didn't go with my uncles in the previous trip (only my sisters went), she was also very eager to try the wagyu.

The photos my uncle sent. 

So, off we went tonight. Okay, don't expect a fancy restaurant. It is really a simple restaurant with barely there aircond and no ambience. So, no need to dress up in your best pearls, like I did. Sister forgot to mention this. Pfft.

But what they lacked in ambience, they make up in their steak. We ordered the wagyu tenderloin and grass-fed sirloin in medium well. Because we don't like 'em bloody. We also ordered a side dish of mushroom soup and pasta Aglio Olio Mussels. Hot drinks like Milo, teh tarik and Nescafe are complimentary.

The soup came first, along with two garlic bread. The soup is nothing to shout for, but the garlic bread were yummy. It was crunchy but at the same time really soft. You can taste the creamy tangy garlic butter from the generous spread.

Then came along the star of the meal. One bite into the wagyu sends you straight into food heaven! It is so tender, it melts into your mouth. It is prepared in just salt and pepper, but the meat is exceptionally tasty and juicy. If I dare say so, this is even better than the wagyu I tried in Prime Steak Restaurant in Le Meridien.

Front: Wagyu Middle: Coleslaw Back: Grass-fed Sirloin 
Aglio Olio Mussels. Sister said it was much nicer the last time she tried it. This time it's a bit too dry.

The grass-fed sirloin, in my opinion, were okay. Still tasty and juicy, but the wagyu stole the attention away from the sirloin.

The steaks came with a huge portion of coleslaw, long beans and mashed potatoes. It also came with a side of black pepper beef sauce, but the steak were so good just on its own.

I have to admit that I've always preferred my steaks to be prepared the Malay way - you know, where the meat is swimming in the sauce of your choice. So, I had a lil' bit reservations when my sister told me that Me'nate's steak is prepared in just salt and pepper, and no sauce! *gasp*

But, this is definitely an exception. YOU MUST TRY FOR YOURSELF!

I think the price is quite reasonable as well. We paid rm238 for the wagyu, sirloin, pasta and mushroom sauce. Not too bad ey?

So, STOP READING AND GET GOING!

Happy Steak-ing!



Popular posts from this blog

Hello Mr. Syomir!

That's Syomir Izwa I'm hello-ing at ;) Went to see him today for my baju nikah. I have to say, out of all (macam banyak, padahal 3 je! :p) designers that I have met so far, Syomir is the coolest hands down! He's so down-to-earth, very nice and easy to talk to, and just...COOL! Oh, he's not bad looking too, so that's a plus *wink* So he sketched me the designs for my baju nikah. And I love love it! I love the sketch for this baju more than the sketch for my baju reception. Aih, I have the sketch in my head but I seriously do not know how to translate those into words. So, let's all be patient and wait for the revelation (eceh :p) on my nikah day ok! Syomir will email me the quotation later, so hold your emails on the pricing yea? I'll update when he does and then you brides-to be can email away ;) In the meantime, let your eyes feast on some of Syomir's works. *Fall in ♥ now!* I love this one! It just screams GORGEOUSNESS! In love yet? ;) Just look at t

Fashion Styles: Blouse

If you have been following me on this blog, you’d probably know that I’m such a girly girl. I just love being a girl. Seriously, what’s not to love? We have the best in fashion. Fashion is dedicated to us, women! From hair bands and clips to shoes and stockings, and everything in between. I had many fashion phases growing up. The “Clueless” inspired fashion; checkered pants, preppy blouses and small furry backpacks, short dresses with platforms ala Baby Spice and so much more. But, as I grow older, I stuck to a classic and simple style. My husband loves it when I’m dressed in a simple skinny jeans/pants and blouse . And that has been my staple since I got married. I admit – I would love to be more adventurous in my styles (like in my younger days) but I don’t think my husband can tolerate that. Lol. Over the years of experimenting, I have learned what’s good on me and what’s not, what I like and what I dislike. I prefer blouses; smart casual mostly to cotton tshirts. After tur

Majlis Pertunangan Ad & Syah 12/12/2009

Yes, I owe this entry! So here goes, it's a long one, dont say I didnt warn you! Decorations We DIY-ed everything, but then again, it wasnt anything major pun. Just had to gubah the bouquets of flowers; we had one by my cleopatra chair where my sarung cincin was done and another just to create the right ambiance (eceh :p) Check out the bouquet, done mostly by Mom and Aunt. Sorry thats the best picture I can find. Nanti bila official photographer dah kasi gambar I'll upload again ok? We cleared out everything from the house, except for that little black and white cleopatra chair. Dimana saya telah disarungkan cincin oleh bakal Aunty-in-law. My fiance's parents did not come because according to the Adat (mungkin adat orang Johor sahaja ye), only the wakil of the parents will come to the Upacara Pertunangan. Next... Hantaran We also DIY-ed the hantarans. Dulang hantaran disewa dengan Merisik Gallery . I took the white crystal dulangs, very chic. Hehe, sesuai la dengan my eng