Skip to main content

Stay: Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta, MGallery Collection

Salam my dear readers,

Sorry I've been slow in updating this month! I've been cooking every single day, making up for the rest of the months that I dont. Haha.

So, continuing with our Yogyakarta trip.

We stayed at one of the most awesome hotels in Yogyakarta. As you may recalled in this post, I was hoping that the hotel wouldn't just be indah khabar dari rupa (beautiful only in pictures but meh in real life!). And thank you God, we weren't disappointed.

As we stepped into the hotel, we were greeted by a floor-to-ceiling glass doors, which made the medium-sized lobby light and airy. Check-in was swift and the front desk staff were all very courteous and helpful. 

The reception desk was made out of wood, beautifully carved with typical Indonesian motifs. Behind it stood a large wooden sculpture, also carved intricately. 

Lobby of Hotel Phoenix, Yogyakarta.

As you move into the hotel, you would see these designs repeating itself. It's clear that the hotel's interior is one that marry history and culture, whilst at the same time exuding a modern feel. 

Along the corridors, you are greeted with rows of mannequins donning the local handmade batiks. The soft pastel colours against the marbled walls makes walking along these hallway such a treat. My husband, often had to drag me past all the mannequins, because all I want to do is touch and feel those beautiful batiks

Every lil' corner is decorated in the same theme - an ode to its culture. Very much like the city itself. 

The exterior is as magnificent as the interior. I learned that the hotel is housed in a heritage building. As you entered, you will not missed the vintage Mercedes car, parked outside. The foyer isn't big, just enough for cars to enter from one side and exit the other. 

Our room  is a Deluxe Legacy 1 King Size Bed.  The room's interior design echoes the rest of the hotel. A lil bit of culture and modern all thrown in a good mix. The room is spacious for the two of us. The bed is soft and the pillows lush. What more can you ask for? 

The room came with a small balcony, which overlooks a wall of creeping leaves. This is actually a clever idea to block the not-necesarily nice view of the city. So, we could only hear the traffic down below but never see any of them. But, fret not, you don't hear the traffic at all during nighttime. We had blissfully restful sleeps every night we were there. :) 

One minor drag is that the balconies of the rooms are really near one another. I'd imagined your privacy wouldn't be so great when there are other guests occupying the other rooms. We didn't have any tho' so we had a nice private lil balcony all to ourselves! 

Okay, I'm very particular about toilets and bathrooms. So, naturally, the first thing I look for is a clean and nice bathroom. And this hotel, doesn't disapoint! It has a large rain shower with good water pressure. Taking a hot shower after a long tiring day feels oh-so-luxurious! 

There isn't any bath tubs, however. This is perfectly fine for us, but I know some couples with kids who needs bath tubs in the room, to distract 'em kids. Haha. 

The room. Very comfortable. I especially love that table lamp! 

All in all, this is a beautiful,  luxurious hotel with good, friendly and courteous staff.

I would definitely stay here again! And I recommend that you do too if you're visiting Yogyakarta.

The location is at the central, really near the Tugu. Going everywhere is really easy, especially with the beca just in front of the hotel.

We booked this hotel via Air Asia Go and we got a really good deal (which is why I was skeptical over the luxurious-ness of this hotel!) 

I think we paid RM1200 or a bit more for 2 tickets and 3 nights stay. I say that's pretty cheap! 

You can book this hotel via Air Asia Go or the website itself. 

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Mr. Syomir!

That's Syomir Izwa I'm hello-ing at ;) Went to see him today for my baju nikah. I have to say, out of all (macam banyak, padahal 3 je! :p) designers that I have met so far, Syomir is the coolest hands down! He's so down-to-earth, very nice and easy to talk to, and just...COOL! Oh, he's not bad looking too, so that's a plus *wink* So he sketched me the designs for my baju nikah. And I love love it! I love the sketch for this baju more than the sketch for my baju reception. Aih, I have the sketch in my head but I seriously do not know how to translate those into words. So, let's all be patient and wait for the revelation (eceh :p) on my nikah day ok! Syomir will email me the quotation later, so hold your emails on the pricing yea? I'll update when he does and then you brides-to be can email away ;) In the meantime, let your eyes feast on some of Syomir's works. *Fall in ♥ now!* I love this one! It just screams GORGEOUSNESS! In love yet? ;) Just look at t

Fashion Styles: Blouse

If you have been following me on this blog, you’d probably know that I’m such a girly girl. I just love being a girl. Seriously, what’s not to love? We have the best in fashion. Fashion is dedicated to us, women! From hair bands and clips to shoes and stockings, and everything in between. I had many fashion phases growing up. The “Clueless” inspired fashion; checkered pants, preppy blouses and small furry backpacks, short dresses with platforms ala Baby Spice and so much more. But, as I grow older, I stuck to a classic and simple style. My husband loves it when I’m dressed in a simple skinny jeans/pants and blouse . And that has been my staple since I got married. I admit – I would love to be more adventurous in my styles (like in my younger days) but I don’t think my husband can tolerate that. Lol. Over the years of experimenting, I have learned what’s good on me and what’s not, what I like and what I dislike. I prefer blouses; smart casual mostly to cotton tshirts. After tur

Majlis Pertunangan Ad & Syah 12/12/2009

Yes, I owe this entry! So here goes, it's a long one, dont say I didnt warn you! Decorations We DIY-ed everything, but then again, it wasnt anything major pun. Just had to gubah the bouquets of flowers; we had one by my cleopatra chair where my sarung cincin was done and another just to create the right ambiance (eceh :p) Check out the bouquet, done mostly by Mom and Aunt. Sorry thats the best picture I can find. Nanti bila official photographer dah kasi gambar I'll upload again ok? We cleared out everything from the house, except for that little black and white cleopatra chair. Dimana saya telah disarungkan cincin oleh bakal Aunty-in-law. My fiance's parents did not come because according to the Adat (mungkin adat orang Johor sahaja ye), only the wakil of the parents will come to the Upacara Pertunangan. Next... Hantaran We also DIY-ed the hantarans. Dulang hantaran disewa dengan Merisik Gallery . I took the white crystal dulangs, very chic. Hehe, sesuai la dengan my eng